In addition, we acknowledge the fact that industrial related projects generally have to be executed with minimum disruption to the operation of the on-going processes and it is our intention to pay particular attention to this aspect during the design and execution phases of any project that we are involved with.
We intend achieving our objectives by:
• Basing our designs on ‘sound engineering principles’
• Introducing ‘innovative thinking’ to arrive at solutions to engineering challenges
• Using available technology to assist with design tasks – with approved audit processes in place to verify the results
• Ensuring that resources with the correct skills are assigned to the relevant tasks
• Drawing on our experience gained on similar projects so as to provide the best advice
• Implementing our ‘Quality Management System’ to all aspects of this task
We recognize that South Africa has embarked on the process of adopting the Euro code series and as such all technical staff have been sent on courses organized by accredited organizations in order to gain a better understanding of the Euro code content. All attendees have earned ‘Continuous Development Points’ for their attendance at these courses.
Being a member of Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA), MAP AFRICA Consulting Engineers are obliged to manage and operate a ‘Quality Control’ system. Our in-house developed system has been in operation now for the past twelve years. We have now formalized our quality control systems and MAP AFRICA Consulting Engineers have implemented the accredited ISO 9001: 2008 Quality Management Systems. The South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) has been appointed as the accrediting agent. MAP AFRICA has received an ISO 9001: 2008 Accreditation Certificate – Registration Certificate Number: LS4408.